What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry starts the evening before your treatment. Dr. Nancy Nehawandian will prescribe an analgesic that you’ll take before you go to bed. The next day, she’ll give you additional sedatives before she begins the procedure. As the medication begins to take effect, you’ll become very relaxed and drift off into pseudo-sleep. Once the sedatives wear off after the treatment, you’ll likely have little or no memory of the procedure. Because the sedatives take a few hours to wear off completely, you’ll need to arrange for someone to pick you up and drive you home.
Are You A Candidate For Sedation Dentistry?
- Are you afraid of the dentist?
- Have you had a traumatic dental experience?
- Do local anesthetics fail to give you enough numbness?
- Do you have very sensitive teeth?
- Are you so busy that you need to cram many dental treatments into one or two appointments?
- Do you fear needles and shots?
- Do the noises, smells, and tastes that come with dental care, increase your dental anxiety?
- Is your dental fear stopping you from seeking the treatment you need?
If you are ready to try a new, relaxing dental experience that will help you keep your teeth and gums healthy, and your smile bright, Top Down Dental’s sedation dentistry clinic may be the place for you. It’s estimated that 90% of the adult population is good candidates for sedation dentistry.
Dental Treatment Without The Fear
Top Down Dental has many ways to alleviate your fear of the dentist. Our painless injections, noise buffering headphones, movies, music, relaxing hand treatments, and cozy blankets may be all that’s needed for you to overcome your dental phobia.
If these techniques are not enough for you, Dr. Nehawandian and the staff at her dental sedation clinic at Top Down Dental in Los have the training and experience to give you the dental care you need and want. By adding an oral sedative, you will relax you and your dental treatment will pass quickly. Instead of spending time after your procedure calming your dental anxiety, you’ll be on the couch having a nap. To get dental sedation for your procedure, contact Top Down Dental at (408) 354-5600 or schedule an appointment today.