5 undeniable reasons to love dental veneers
Do you avoid taking those infamous smiling pictures of yourself so that you aren’t faced with yet another reminder of your less-than-perfect teeth? Have you ever cancelled a date or job interview just because you think that your teeth will put someone off or keep all of your good features from being noticed?
If you feel your smile is holding you back or affecting your self-esteem, you are not alone. There are some things that we all have to live with, such as taxes, but you can do something to improve the way your teeth look.
Porcelain veneers are a miracle of modern dentistry, and we have five undeniable reasons why you are going to love what they can do for your smile.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, translucent ceramic shells that are custom-made to fit over your existing teeth. They are designed to cover several common tooth problems, such as discolored, chipped, cracked or misaligned teeth. What people really like about them, however, is that the procedure can be done in just a couple of visits, and the results are amazing.
Here’s why you will love dental veneers
- Veneers are a quick and painless way to refresh your look and give you a brighter, whiter smile.
- Multiple problems and imperfections can be simultaneously taken care of in just a few visits and with minimal discomfort to you.
- Since veneers are placed over your natural teeth, they provide an extra layer of protection. That added stability becomes even more important over time by helping to prevent future cavities.
- If you don’t like the shape of your teeth now because they are short, boxy or uneven, then you will love the way porcelain veneers give them a more pleasing and uniform shape.
- The best reason for loving dental veneers, however, is that they look completely natural, so only your dentist will know they weren’t always yours. That reason alone is enough to keep you smiling for a long, long time.
You can learn more about veneers by downloading our free e-book, “Cosmetic Dentistry is for Everyone.” When you are ready to take the first step, make sure you consult with a dentist who is trained and certified in cosmetic dentistry.