Dos and don’ts for a successful smile makeover
Are you considering a smile makeover? Do you imagine unveiling your glamorous new grin at a Hollywood red carpet event? Does the idea of actually planning your cosmetic dentistry, however, seem too overwhelming? Then grab your pen and notebook, because we have some insightful dos and don’ts for you.
Why do you need a plan?
When remodelling your home, you would never begin without:
- creating a realistic budget
- carefully researching contractors
- selectively choosing your materials
- scheduling the dates within the scope of that project.
Planning your smile makeover requires the same detailed process. This is a smile you will be living with for awhile, and you are worth the effort.
What are the dos and don’ts for a successful smile makeover?
- Do be realistic about your expectations. Your cosmetic dentist can discuss your dental makeover goals with you, as well as the best way to achieve them.
- Don’t expect overnight success. Your dental makeover may need multiple visits spread over several months. The time frame depends on the type and amount of work that is needed to achieve the smile you want. Additionally, don’t expect your dentist to promise you that your new smile will help you meet your true love. Dentists may work miracles, but they are not fairy godmothers.
- Do your research and invest in an accredited cosmetic dentist. You want your teeth to be in the hands of an expert.
- Don’t leave your choice of a dentist to chance or anyone else. Correcting a badly done procedure will cost a lot more money than getting it done right the first time.
- Do plan your financing so that the entire procedure is quoted and covered before you actually schedule any work. Payment in full is typically expected when the procedure is done.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to plan your budget, or you may not receive your financing in time. Additionally, don’t rely on any help from your dental insurance company. Cosmetic dentistry is optional, so it is not usually covered.
Where can you learn more?
Undergoing cosmetic dentistry is a big decision. Arm yourself with information and you’ll make the best decision If you’d like to learn more, please download our free e-book, “Cosmetic Dentistry is for Everyone.”
Finally, do get started today, but don’t skip any of our tips for achieving a successful smile makeover.