Does teeth whitening have oral health benefits?
Do you feel nervous around groups of people because you tend to want to hide your smile?Are you planning your dream wedding? Do you have plans for a first date and want to put your best foot forward? Or maybe you want to do something special for yourself. Have you tried achieving a whiter smile and used home whitening products with little or no results?
According to a study by The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, there are many reasons teeth whitening and other cosmetic procedures are popular today. Teeth whitening has aesthetic benefits as well as many health benefits.
Why do teeth yellow?
Stained teeth are not difficult to correct. There are a wide variety of options from polishing to whitening and from bonding to veneers. There could be various reasons for yellowed or stained enamel.
- Drinking excessive coffee or stains from red wine
- Genetic predisposition
- Prescription medication
- Natural aging
- Enamel defects – These usually occur when the enamel does not form properly during childhood
The results that you’ll see with professional whitening depends on the level of discoloration of the teeth and sensitivity of your gums.
Zoom in on healthy white
A Zoom professional teeth whitening procedure is safe, comfortable and affordable. Zoom teeth whitening can get your teeth up to eight shades lighter with no harmful side effects.
Having a whiter smile with professional teeth whitening has many benefits. A person with stained yellowed teeth may not feel as attractive as someone who has a healthy white smile. Additionally, teeth whitening treatment can help kill the bacteria that causes gum disease and tooth decay.
Here are a few of the benefits of teeth whitening:
- Zoom whitening treatments can help prevent tooth decay, gum diseases and can have a positive impact on your overall health. Studies have linked periodontal disease to many serious health ailments such as diabetes, stroke, premature birth, respiratory diseases and heart attack.
- Professional whitening treatments can improve your appearance and help you make a good impression landing your dream job.
- Having a brighter smile can improve your social life, you will feel more attractive, happy and energetic.
- People want to feel good about themselves and their appearance, cosmetic dentistry can help
- You will appear friendlier and people will be more interested in what you have to say and will want to compliment your smile.
Is professional teeth whitening for you? If you’d like to answer that question, please take advantage of our complimentary consultation.